Zennie62 On YouTube

Zennie's In New York For The 2007 NFL Draft

As I write this I'm sitting at a kind of "slice of life" bagel joint called Murphy's on 242 8th Avenue in Manhattan. I commuted into the island from Hicksville, where I'm staying with my friend Bill Chackhes and his wife Ann Rose. I'm having a fantastic time, plus he's working with me on our NFL Draft Web Show from Radio City Music Hall.

More about that soon.

But today -- in fact this trip thus far -- is a page right from Americana. I'm seeing New York from a "regular person's perspective" (and not a tourist's one) for the first time. It's rather cool.

Right now, I'm enjoying coffee, blogging, and waiting for Wil Mara and Bill as a flood of people come in for their bagels and coffee.

It's about 8:34 AM.

The group represents people from many different apparent walks of life, and while mostly White, certainly there are a set of people of color who walk and and out -- coming in, ordering, buying, and leaving. It's like the Penn Station of bagel places.

Pretty Cool.

I even made a video which I'll add below, later..

0 comments:

 

ShareThis

 
Google Analytics Alternative