Zennie62 On YouTube

Eagles WR Jackson Learns the Hard Way

Eagles WR Jackson Learns the Hard Way

September 16, 2008

By Slavica Milosevska for Football Reporters Online

Philadelphia Eagles rookie wide receiver DeSean Jackson made what was probably one of the “most stupidest” moves in the NFL against the Dallas Cowboys last night, however it was not the move that ultimately cost them the game 41-37.

In the second quarter, Jackson would have scored a touchdown after a completion by Donovan McNabb but arrogantly threw the ball back before actually crossing the goal line as if he just made points. The play was challenged by the Cowboys, and it was ruled a dead ball. The Eagles retained possession starting from the 2-yard line from which Brian Westbrook subsequently scored.

“I felt when I caught the ball, it was a deep pass and thought I was in the end zone,” stated Jackson. “But I learned from that and just keep going. The biggest thing was Westbrook got in there and scored for us. It wasn’t like it was a turnover or anything like that, but definitely, I learned from it. It was just one of those things, I was overexcited, just young and trying to have fun is the biggest thing. I’m kind of mad at myself because I could have had a touchdown, but I just kept playing.”

Despite Jackson's poor decision, he is the second player in NFL history to record more than 100 receiving yards in this very first two games. Don Looney accomplished this 68 years ago and was also an Eagle. Jackson has six catches for 110 yards under his belt.

0 comments:

 

ShareThis

 
Google Analytics Alternative