Zennie62 On YouTube

Breaking Down the 2007 NFL draft Pt 1

So where do we begin? How do we break down the Marathon that is the 2007 NFL Draft.

Zennie likes to sing my praises, and I apologize for correcting him here, but he was off by one year. This was my 33rd Draft, and my 21st with a press credential working for various organizations. I’d also be remiss if I didn’t tell you all how much I enjoyed this Draft from a working standpoint, even though I was miserable from a health standpoint with a sore throat. Working with both Zennie at SBS and Walter at Fieldposition over the last year has been a great experience, and it should continue for a long time to come. It’s also great to work with great guys like Author Wil Mara, who thinks I’m some sort of second coming of Rich Little!

All that out of the way, lets get down to the meat of the draft. I was wrong, I admit it. I promised I would, so here I am. The Raiders suckered me in, As Walter would say “I’ve been Smoke screened, big time. I really believed that once they selected Quinn, they would trade Randy Moss, and the offensive conversion would be complete. I got it half right at least. Moss is a Patriot now, and JaMarcus Russell will have to develop a relationship with Jerry Porter and Ronald Curry. Clearly the better drafting team in the Bay area is the 49ers, getting both LB Patrick Willis and OT Joe Staley. Seems like what the Raiders are doing defies logic, much like Dallas trading out of the round altogether.

Speaking of the Big “D”, who’s driving the horse cart there? Ok so they had plenty of picks to trade around, But Doug Free? James Marten? This is the future of your Offensive line. Yes Jerry, lets get some value here, we don’t need anyone in the first round…Oh wait, this Spencer kid from Perdue, he’s worth a reach isn’t he. Seems like only the Eagles had a worse draft in the NFC East (Kevin Kolb? at 36??) I’m sure Donovan McNabb is sleeping well this week.

Surely The Cleveland Browns had the best draft in Ohio in years. Good thing too, because it probably saved Crennell and Savage's Jobs for the next two or three years,.....Unless Bill Cowher decides to un-retire. If they had tried to do it the other way around, Joe Thomas would not have been there past the 7th Pick, no matter where the fishing boad was that he was with Daddy On.

Over the next few posts we will break down the best and the worst of the weekend that was at NYC Radio City Music Hall.


Bill(Draftnik)

0 comments:

 

ShareThis

 
Google Analytics Alternative